Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas






A Court of Thorns and Roses
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Release Date: 5 May 2015
Publisher: Bloomsbury Children's
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Source: Finished Copy from the Publisher
A thrilling, seductive new series from New York Times bestselling author Sarah J. Maas, blending Beauty and the Beast with faerie lore.

When nineteen-year-old huntress Feyre kills a wolf in the woods, a beast-like creature arrives to demand retribution for it. Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from legends, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin—one of the lethal, immortal faeries who once ruled their world.

As she dwells on his estate, her feelings for Tamlin transform from icy hostility into a fiery passion that burns through every lie and warning she's been told about the beautiful, dangerous world of the Fae. But an ancient, wicked shadow grows over the faerie lands, and Feyre must find a way to stop it... or doom Tamlin—and his world—forever.

Perfect for fans of Kristin Cashore and George R. R. Martin, this first book in a sexy and action-packed new series is impossible to put down!

Buy the Book: Amazon | The Book Depository | Barnes & Noble

Sarah J. Maas

Sarah J. Maas is the author of the New York Times, USA Today, and internationally bestselling Throne of Glass series–Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, and Heir of Fire, and the series’ prequel, The Assassin’s Blade–as well as the New York Times and USA Today bestselling A Court of Thorns and Roses. She wrote the first incarnation of the Throne of Glass series when she was just sixteen, and it has now sold in twenty-three languages. Queen of Shadows, the fourth book in the Throne of Glass series, will release worldwide on September 1st, 2015.

A New York native, Sarah currently lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and dog. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from Hamilton College in 2008 with a degree in Creative Writing and a minor in Religious Studies. 

* I received a finished copy from the publisher in exchange for a honest review. This has in no way affected my opinions and the review itself.

W O W. I am so speechless. Really, after reading this book I totally went cray cray and I couldn't get ahold of myself. This book is full of gloriousness and thank the book Gods that I got to read this book. It. Was. Spectacular. Trust me. 

This is actually the first Sarah J. Maas book that I have read *hides under the table* I know. I know. I haven't tried her Throne of Glass series yet, but when I do, I want it complete. So that's like, in a few years. Mwahahaha. Anyway, I absolutely adore Sarah, and yes, I FREAKING NEED THE SEQUEL OR I WILL DIE. Let's continue. 

So, in this book, Feyre (Fey-ruh, I know! Cool right?) kills a fairy and she needs to pay her heart for what she's done. Tamlin, the ever beautiful High Fae of the Spring Court, takes her to Prythian to live there forever. As time passed by, Feyre begins to form a connection, a super strong bond with Tamlin and the more they got closer the dangerous it gets. 

I have never been a super fan of faeries. I've read one book about faes before and that just put an end to my reading for further fae tales but this book was superb I don't even know what to put here or where to begin with. It was amazing and beautiful and just so fantastic. Yes, I want you to read this book. Yes, I finally believe in faeries again, like it escalated a few levels, but there are going to be standards. 

Let's talk about the characters and their developments. First of them, Feyre, the lead character. I admire her so much, especially her stubbornness. Without it [stubbornness] she wouldn't have reached where the book has ended. Maybe, she'd die easily or I don't know what the fate will give her if she wasn't. It was quite funny at first because she doesn't know anything about love, or the love she gives her family because maybe she hated them too much? Her development throughout the story was of the norm, the very same thing you experience with various novels but all in all, it might seem not, but she is perfect. 

Tamlin, the very beautiful, Tamlin, although boring is actually one of my favorite characters. Maybe because of the sweetest things he has done for Feyre and those things full of love. He's actually dreamy for a fictional character. I might've actually really fanned myself too much while reading the book. The scenes that includes him brought me out of this world like in a whirlwind of events. I'm seriously blabbering because when I think of Tamlin, it's super quiet inside my head. It's like, first, my mind is too busy processing what he looks like and after that, too busy ogling him. Need I say anymore else? I guess that pretty summed him up. 

Lucien, my very favorite character among all, although minor, is the life of the party. When I first encountered reading him, I actually doubted him and put him in the list of 'can't-trust'. But his development in the story just gets better and better. When he speaks, you need to read between the line. When he jokes, you'll definitely laugh. He's like everything pieced in one. 

I don't know if you've encountered my tweets regarding my strong feelings about the book but here's one example that caused me to review the book in less than one hundred forty characters. 



And that's it folks! GRAB YOUR COPY of this book, prepare yourselves to be washed away by the strong forces of Sarah's writing powers because this book is everything, like it's a must-have. You haven't lived if you have not read this book. I tell you. My 2015 favorite! Well, I actually still don't know if this will top my 2015 list, but it is one of them. Heehee~


Labels: , , ,