ARC Review: Forsaken by Lisa Renee Jones






FORSAKEN

Author: Lisa Renee Jones
Release Date: 18 August 2015
Publisher: Gallery Books
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: e-ARC from the Author
In this third book in the sexy, suspenseful “The Secret Life of Amy Bensen” series from New York Times bestselling author Lisa Renee Jones, we meet Amy’s brother Chad—and the woman who either loves him or wants him dead.

Six years ago, Chad’s hunt for a dangerous treasure turned deadly when his family home was set on fire, his parents killed. Faking his and his sister Amy’s death to protect her from further retaliation, he set her up in a new life with a friend’s help, letting her believe he’d died.


But now the men who hired Chad to find the treasure have found him, imprisoning and torturing him to learn where it’s hidden. A dark-haired beauty named Gia helps him escape, promising him access to his worst enemy. And as he tries to unravel the deep secrets of the past, he starts falling for her…only to discover she’s not what she seems.


Unable to trust anyone, Chad focuses on only two things: protecting his sister Amy and getting revenge. Is love even possible in the midst of heartache?

Buy the Book: Amazon | The Book Depository

Lisa Renee Jones

Since beginning her publishing career in 2007, Lisa has published more than 40 books translated around the world. Booklist says that Jones suspense truly sizzles with an energy similar to FBI tales with a paranormal twist by Julie Garwood or Suzanne Brockmann.

Prior to publishing, Lisa owned multi-state staffing agency that was recognized many times by The Austin Business Journal and also praised by Dallas Women Magazine. In 1998 LRJ was listed as the #7 growing women owned business in Entrepreneur Magazine.


Lisa loves to hear from her readers. You can reach her at www.lisareneejones.com and she is active on twitter and facebook daily.

*I received an advanced review copy in exchange for an honest review. This has in no way affected my opinions and the review itself.

Many thanks to Lisa and Emily for this early review copy. You guys rock! I can't wait for the last book to come out. This is literally breaking my heart. 

I have been such a huge fan of this series even though I kind of pulled out my hair when I first started reading Escaping Reality,but no one stopped me from loving Liam Stone in Infinite Possibilities because swoon~ Amy and Liam is the ultimate OTP! And now, we get Chad, Amy's brother, in Forsaken. What I want you all to know is that Chad was a really really important character in the series and he deserved this well-written story! I am so frakkin' ultimately in love with this story. And this is the most important installment in the series because so many things are mentioned/happened in here. You wanna know why? Read the book. It's so gonna drive you on edge!

Basically, the story picks up where Infinite Possibilities ended just that this book changes character POV. I need to hold a few things for you guys because I don't want to spoil you with the story but rest-assured, Chad falls in love in this book with the right woman *phew* 

Here, Chad does anything to keep her sister safe, to take her to some place safe. That was the plan. Unfortunately, that wasn't Liam's plan *swoons* you'll see how inseparable they are when you read the book. Gods, I just can't wait for all of you to read it! It's so perfect I wanna cry like a baby. I waited too long for this!

What I loved about this book:
1. It brought me back to reality. This is heaven. Basically, reading brought me back to reality. I was so absorbed in studying back then when I started reading this book. I was giddy AF and I never even thought how broken Chad was in this story. It was a reality that I never once thought possible.  Chad lured me like I was hypnotized. This also moved me out of my reading slump. And I waited for a year (was it?) or two for this to come out and holding this in my hands and having the opportunity to read and review it? Oh, heaven. It's like a thirst finally satisfied! 

2. The feelings were overwhelming. I am such a huge fan of books that destroys you or gets you back into reality or those books that just happens to trigger something and then all of a sudden your feelings are everywhere and then you don't know what to do. This is that book. Maybe having the thought of “when will I ever get to read you?” really just excites me and all. It was nerve-wracking, will really make you guess what happens next, and put you on edge. It was really overwhelming in the very best way possible. The rush and the thrill was always present and you'll never want to stop reading it. One thing was on my mind and that is to finish the book immediately because I don't want to stop myself from feeling everything that the book wants me to feel. It's soo goooood. Trust me, you should read this series. I repeat. You should read this series!

3. I secretly love hackings and spies and top secret agendas. Okay, this one has it all. I loved how this was made. It was super realistic but can be typically seen in action packed movies. I don't ever feel this happens in real life but here, I now think it's possible. Just thinking about secrets in this society and all the moguls and their businesses really made me think this could be even possible. I tried considering. I just love the running and hacking, and things like that. It makes me feel like a nerd, a target, a rogue, and many more! The rush was so awesome and it left me ecstatic and the plans, even thought it wasn't quite mentioned 50% of the time, it really amazes me at how it just happens. It was driving me nuts!

4. Swoon-worthy f*cked-up guys like Chad. I know right? How can a guy like him even exist? I can even imagine sexy, blond, muscular guy with all the flaws in the world, and you lucky girl, is the only one who can thaw this guy's frozen heart. Just. Freaking. Imagine. That you're the only girl, the future. Does it interest you now? Go freaking read it. Just. Go! But Liam is still mine. Ok? I will be Amy. *wink wink*

5. OTPs, and all the love you never realize. All the feels are not in place. i repeat. All the feels are not in place! How do I function? Gods, gods, gods! This emotions between these two makes me want to hug them both. I super adore their love story starting from how they met. So amazingly beautiful. I definitely swooned over Chad's! But still, Liam and Amy OTP all the way, since it all started there. I am going to cry cylinders because of those two love teams. I seriously don't want it to end. 

Guys. Read. This. Series. It's a must! Definitely the perfect catch-me-if-you-can novel! Totally unputdown-able! Lisa Renee Jones can buy my soul anytime! She did a really really freaking amazing job by writing this book. The wait was so worth it!




Labels: , , ,