{Review} This Girl by Colleen Hoover



This Girl
Author: Colleen Hoover
Genre: New Adult/Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Atria Books
Date Published: 30 April 2013
Source: Own Copy/Bought
There are two sides to every love story. Now hear Will’s.

Colleen Hoover’s New York Times bestselling Slammed series has brought countless readers to their knees with a whirlwind of love, passion, and heartache.

Layken and Will’s love has managed to withstand the toughest of circumstances and the young lovers, now married, are beginning to feel safe and secure in their union. As much as Layken relishes their new life together, she finds herself wanting to know everything there is to know about her husband, even though Will makes it clear he prefers to keep the painful memories of the past where they belong. Still, he can’t resist his wife’s pleas and so he begins to untangle his side of the story, revealing for the first time his most intimate feelings and thoughts, retelling both the good and bad moments, and sharing a few shocking confessions of his own from the time when they first met.

In This Girl, Will tells the story of their complicated relationship from his point of view. Their future rests on how well they deal with the past in this final installment of the beloved Slammed series.
Buy the book: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository

I cannot believe what I just read. I cannot believe what I just finished. It was like a tinnitus after a concert. I can't get it out of my head. Gods. If you are a book lover and still has not read this series yet, well, all I can say is that your life will not be complete without experiencing this series/story or even without reading any Colleen Hoover book!

Wow. I don't know what to say. All this time. This Girl. This girl is not this girl that I'm thinking. This girl is a whole lot of different <i>girl</i>. You must find out who this girl is. This girl is a whole new level. Wow. Just. Wow. Wow. Wow. You blew me away Colleen. That was the exact meaning of beautiful, amazing, and just utterly fantastic. This, people, is how a series should end. A real magnificently sewed masterpiece. 

Can you give me a second to process all these, please? Thank you!

*counts 1*

*coughs*

Okay. So, as we all don't know, I am a big fan of Layken and Will's love story. This book started all my 'I love Colleen Hoover to the bones and to infinity and beyond wherever that is' motto. And seeing the book develop, move, and grow (okay, not literally, technically, maybe), makes me feel like, I am satisfied, but not really. I can't imagine the series being put to an end. It's just so hard to process that I needed to stare at a wall for a whole ten seconds (more or less). I'm like a proud mother of these books (but they're Colleen's babies. She's the real mother, so maybe that makes me like, I don't know, a second mother?). I just can't accept it, you know, that it has to end. *cries*

Okay, okay. So this book is told in Will's POV and I just love taking a peak inside Will's mind. Now we get it. It dates back to the time in Slammed and Point of Retreat. Yes, like a re-telling. Or we can say that it is a re-telling. In Will's point of view. There are scenes that aren't involved in the first two books but most of it are there, so it's just like a flashback, a memory that gives you the resurfacing feelings and emotions you have buried six feet below the ground. I just loved those short moments at the beginning of each chapter because it involves Layken and Will in the present, what they are and who they are, and what happens to them. Yes, they talked about what happened in the past but in Will's POV. And yes, it involves Layken in the present so I just really love the present parts because it is fun-filled and it wouldn't be exciting and complete if Layken wasn't there, right? I just love experiencing those crazy things that is everything Layken. She still has a half-baked mind. ;)

Sorry for the low quality!
So you see, I have flagged my copy. Most of them are the poems recited throughout the span of the two books, some poems from the book itself, some quotes and some events. There's a lot of memories that resurfaces whenever I read those poems. I get the chills, the emotional breakdowns, the feelings you were feeling when you have read the two books and the feelings you have experienced now that you never thought existed as a feeling.

It was weird but it was definitely worth it and so so beautiful, you'd thought that no book should exists this beautifully, such wonderful masterpiece. It was uh-may-zing. It was perfect. It was everything you would want in a book. It was everything Will and Layken are and were. It was everything Colleen Hoover. 

This book that Colleen has written is still filled with so much education. Well, basically not math, but those educations important in life. Most importantly, Values. One will learn so much life-teachings in life changing scenarios. 

Labels: ,