{Book Review} Very Bad Things by Ilsa Madden-Mills



Very Bad Things
by Ilsa Madden-Mills

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Source: from Publisher via Netgalley (Thank You!)



Born into a life of privilege and secrets, Nora Blakely has everything any nineteen-year-old girl could desire. She’s an accomplished pianist, a Texas beauty queen, and on her way to Princeton after high school. She’s perfect...

Leaving behind her million-dollar mansion and Jimmy Choos, she becomes a girl hell-bent on pushing the limits with alcohol, drugs, and meaningless sex. 

Then she meets her soulmate. But he doesn’t want her.

When it comes to girls, twenty-five-year-old Leo Tate has one rule: never fall in love. His gym and his brother are all he cares about... until he meets Nora. He resists the pull of their attraction, hung up on their six year age difference.

As they struggle to stay away from each other, secrets will be revealed, tempers will flare, and hearts will be broken.

Welcome to Briarcrest Academy... where sometimes, the best things in life are Very Bad Things.
Buy the book:
Very Bad Things (Briarcrest Academy #1): Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository
Very Wicked Beginnings (Briarcrest Academy #2): Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Very Wicked Things (Briarcrest Academy #3): Amazon | Barnes & Noble 
Ilsa Madden-Mills writes about strong heroines and sexy alpha males that sometimes you just want to slap.

She spends her days with two small kids, a neurotic cat, and her Viking husband. She collects magnets and rarely cooks except to bake her own pretzels. 

When she’s not typing away at a story, you can find her drinking too much Diet Coke, jamming out to Pink, or checking on her carefully maintained chocolate stash.

She loves to hear from fans and fellow authors. Drop her a line on the contact page.

Connect with Ilsa: Twitter | Facebook | Website | Youtube | Goodreads
Riches are nothing if you are being ignored by the people you love the most. Nora did the very best she could to please her parents, but everything she did was nothing to her mom. She decided she couldn't take it anymore so she had this list of bad things she wanted to do, not caring of how it might affect her perfect little self and her reputation as the smartest girl in BA. And she terribly did some of them. 

During the open house at Briarcrest Academy, she had caught this guy's eyes that completely had her curious. Later after she did her shenanigans, she met him, slept in his place, uninvited. But what was an incident turned it into something more deep, more precious, more than more. But once he knew what she holds in her past, he might walk away, disgust her, much more that will hurt, leave her unprotected. 

Do you recognize that feeling when you wanted something and you'll always root for it and never stoping in you have it right in front of you? That's how Nora works. She never stopped trying until her mom appreciates all that she did. She never stopped until she had Leo. She never stopped because she believed he was her soulmate, her other half, the one that will complete her. She was an epitome of a strong woman. And it was love at first sight.

I have never felt so much emotion because of rejection. It was always the feeling of rejection that put me to unease. I don't like it but when I read something that goes with it, I make sure I never stop. And when I was reading the story and I recognize immediately the emotion that I know was rejection, I never fail to shed a tear, to cry like I've never cried before. Especially, when a person is in so much commotion, she never wanted to do and or live anymore. It was a heavy read almost all throughout book. And I was welcoming the familiar sensation that I went to a book signing the next day, and told my friends about it immediately.

It was terrifying because it was a great risk. The author started off really good that she had caught me immediately so I, like, never wanted to stop reading until I finished it in one sitting. But before it ended, my reading kind of, slowed down a bit, because something was off and I cannot point out what it was. The near end was getting awkward with me. Maybe it had gotten really clichéd, but that's just me. I wouldn't ask for another ending because I care how much sweat and blood the author has given and poured to finish this baby. 

On the other hand, the plot was really something. One who experienced it would be disturbed for a very long time. I am even terrified just thinking about it. It has been a social issue in the community and has been one of the really most disturbing scenarios. I was curious about the dark past at first, I even thought it was nothing compared to what I've read and liked before. But this book was really something to learn to, something that would greatly help those victims of the same social issues. 

I loved how Ilsa's words flowed. It was very realistic and in-time. I am greatly looking forward to the other books and/or upcoming books in the series!


Labels: , , ,