{Book review} Rush Too Far by Abbi Glines



Rush Too Far
by Abbi Glines

Genre:
 Contemporary Romance

Source: Own Copy



Fallen Too Far was Blaire's story. Now it's time for Rush to share his side.


Everyone in Rosemary Beach thinks they know how Rush Finlay and Blaire Wynn fell in love. But Rush is back to tell his side of the story...

Rush has earned every bit of his bad-boy reputation. The three-story beach house, luxury car, and line of girls begging for time between his sheets are the envy of every guy in Rosemary Beach, and Rush handles it all with the laid-back cool of a rock star’s son. All he needs are his best friend, Grant, and his sister, Nan.

Until Blaire Wynn drives into town in her beat-up pickup truck with a pistol under her seat. The Alabama farm girl instantly captures Rush’s attention once he discovers that the angelic beauty is his new stepsister, but he vows to keep his distance. Even if she needs his help. Even if he craves her.

Because Rush knows why Blaire is all alone in the world, forced to ask for help from the father who abandoned her three years ago. And he knows if he gets too close it will destroy Nan, who has a secret connection to Blaire.

He has every reason in the world to stay away from her. Find out why he doesn't.
Buy the book: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository
Since publishing her first novel Breathe in May of 2011, Abbi has also released The New York Times bestselling Seabreeze Series which includes Breathe, Because of Low, While It Lasts, Just For Now and Sometimes It Last, The Existence Trilogy that includes the USA Today Bestseller Ceaseless. New York Times and USA TODAY bestsellers The Vincent Boys and The Vincent Brothers. Last but not least her most popular series to date, Rosemary Beach which includes The New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestsellers Fallen Too Far, Never Too Far, Forever Too Far, Twisted Perfection and Simple Perfection. Her newest book scheduled to be released on December 17th, 2013 is Misbehaving (Seabreeze).

When Abbi isn’t locked away in her office typing away she is hauling her kids to and from their many social activities. You could say her second job is the Glines Kids personal chauffeur. It’s a rather illustrious job.

Connect with Abbi : Twitter | Facebook | Website | Goodreads
FUUUUDGE! How can something so wrong feel so right? Right? At Fallen Too Far, we get Blaire's POV and who doesn't love Fallen Too Far? Here at Rush Too Far, we get Rush's POV, see how he re-tells the story and who doesn't want to know what his thoughts are back then? I sure as hell don't want to miss it for the world. 

At Rush Too Far, I got to re-live the moment I followed my instinct to pick my ass up and start reading Fallen Too Far. I remember knowing nothing. And I mean nothing. I don't know who Abbi Glines was, I don't know what the story was about, dang, I don't even know who the hell Rush Finlay was. Until I read it. I got hooked. My heart actually fluttered. Yeah, like those crazy emotions that just seem to roll like a coaster ride. It sends you up, it sends you down, and all of a sudden you're upside down. You never knew how far you'd go, whether you fall or not. You just let the ride take you. 

"I will fix this. I swear I will make it right. I love you enough to get us through this. I just need you to love me enough. Please, Blaire. Love me enough."

You know that moment when you just can't let go of the one thing you most preciously took care of. That's how Rush Finlay work. He's not one to mess with. And you wouldn't want to do that, anyway. What's his is his. And Blaire was his as he was Blaire's. And you might just think, 'what the hell is the problem in that situation?' Well, let me tell you what's wrong. Everything. 

The real me part with the loose end because I just need a really good intro. Here goes nothing. As early as now, I'm apologizing for what I might utter because seriously, right now I feel like broken as hell. Shts just got real. I was broken before and here I am broken again. I wasn't expecting much because 'hey, it's Rush's POV. I'd get the same ole story told again' but I was totally blown away. Really, really blown away. Blown away like the book just burned in front of me and I didn't know why. Shts really just got real. Nuff said. 

It was uh-may-zing. I know. How do I say this? When you read Fallen Too Far and you get the feeling that 'fck this, I need the second book!' And then you read it too and you just need the third to freaking satisfy yourself and then nada. Nothing. You ended it. Then you hear the news, pretends that it's a no big deal, Rush gets a POV on another book and you'll be like 'give it to me + grabby hands'. I never got the feeling that I need to read this but I was quite a surprise. I was even surprised myself. I was never this needy about a book. It was so so so much more!

For starters, yeah, I was that girl. Long talk back there. But then you know what famous quote "I came. I saw. I conquer"? Yeah? Let's change that. After reading the book, it was more like "I came home with the book. I saw the book. I was broken after reading the book. More than you can imagine!!" I just knew it. I need to read the other books again. I need some closure ((: 

I just poured my heart out that I forgot to tell you my expectations. *puts a straight face*

I don't know if you call this a spoiler or I don't know if you knew, but whatever. I'm going to say it anyway. When I began reading the book, I thought Rush Too Far ran the course of the three books but it actually went a little bit of a cliffie because it was just the whole course of Fallen Too Far. I know it will be a long run if it were the three but let's say it (or let me say it), I was a bit disappointed that it only went so short. I was expecting to see Nate's name and his chubby cute wittle cheeks! Gods I miss that child. I really need to read the other books soon! Plus here you get to see a whole new Rush. 

Blaire was Blaire. Same old as what she portrayed in the last three books. The strong, wise woman we've all known before. But her thoughts were obscured in this book and we get to peek what's inside that little head of his. Rush was a very different man here. We get to know his his soul, his softer sides, his absolute feelings that just seem to hug you and let you swoon. I did! Not only once but multiple times. Does a man like him exist? If so, how come I never met one? (:

If it freaking hurt the hell out of you when you read Fallen Too Far, then you don't want to know what you've gotten yourself into when you read Rush Too Far. Every word that Rush says will leave a mark in your heart. I swear to you. I'm not even bluffing. You better prepare Never Too Far (I swear I read it again!) after you read this. There's a tug that says 'you need the fill of more Rush, so read Never Too Far again'. Again, I'm not joking. But the smiley I have to put is so necessary. So, here you go. :)

Happy Reading!
*sorry for the loose ends!*


I adore Rush. Who wouldn't?

Labels: , , ,