{Review} Working It by Kendall Ryan



Working It
by Kendall Ryan

Genre:
Contemporary Romance
Source: from Publisher via Netgalley



Emmy Clarke is out of her depth in New York City’s fashion world, but when she lands a job as an assistant at a modeling agency it seems like the perfect mix of business and pleasure. Working under the notorious Fiona Stone is a nightmare, but there’s one distinct perk: ogling the ridiculously hot male models who parade through the office—particularly rising star Ben Shaw.

Ben is everything Emmy’s not: exquisitely gorgeous, highly paid, and well-traveled. He’s also got more issues than Vogue. Emmy looks after Ben on photo shoots, but she refuses to become another one of his lusting groupies. Ben finds Emmy’s refreshingly real attitude to be surprisingly attractive.

Against a backdrop of the most fashionable cities in the world, casual flirting turns into an illicit affair, but when Ben’s twisted past is revealed, and the bitter Fiona catches wind of their relationship, their careers and hearts are threatened.

Note: This book is intended for mature audiences. It contains sexual encounters and graphic language, including a m/f/m encounter.


Buy the Book: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository

Southerner Emmy Clarke lands a fashion job in New York as the assistant of a well-known person who manages a modeling agency. Working for Fionna is a major catastrophe but the perks of being the assistant lets her ogle the hottest model in their company, Ben Shaw. 

Ben is everything that Emmy is not. He's rich, famous, well-traveled, and extremely gorgeous. Emmy looks after Ben but she refuses to be one of his one-night stands. Flirting may be an easy go but this flirting turns into a secret intimate affair between the two. And Fionna mustn't know. If she gets to know it, their careers and futures will be long over. 

WHOA. 

I have not read anything like this. Ever. It was good, alright. But there's much in here that has put me on the edge. And not only did it happened once. 

I have issues. You know, those things with cougars? The very same issues I had with Fifty. It was unnerving and really messed up. I don't know how to put this review, seriously. I've been sitting and staring at my phone for hours and nothing came. 

At first, the first few chapters were good. I mean, he's hot, she's cool. And the boss is a major bitch. But those things where "I don't do the girlfriend thing" but "gets to sleep whenever I'm with her" or "I need you and I can't live without you" just pisses me more off. Why can't everybody be normal? It's a major major problem. Even the "Let's start over again and do it slowly." I mean, come on! We know this doesn't work unless you're really up for it. In their case, I just don't see it coming. 

I've had a bad feeling about some parts here. I knew there would be twists and turns like "those" and the fact that it was a "sort of" cliffie. *grunts* it was exasperating. I don't normally hate cliffhangers but there are times where they just ended really badly. 

The love between the two are exquisitely raw. I love how they portrayed it but sometimes, I have this feeling where you know that "God! Why do you always have to do it". And the bad feelings were also worst! I've been out and about writing this review and I just can't seem to make it straight. Don't get me wrong. I love Ben and I would love to read the next book in the series, but I hope Kendall Ryan keeps it light. Less the baggage (which I know will still be revealed in the next). Anyway, I liked it but I had issues with it. So yeah. ((:
It was OK. I would still recommend it. (:

Labels: , , , , ,