{Review} Jordyn by Tiffany King


Jordyn
Tiffany King



Hand to hand combat training: Check
Cardio and strength training: Check
Daemon hunting: Check
Anomaly: Check

Check, check, check, check...That's all my life is. There's nothing ordinary about me. I'm "special." I know this because I'm reminded of it every stinking day. I can kick a Daemon's ass with both hands tied behind my back. I can run up a mountain without breaking a sweat. Know what I can't do? Get guys to notice me, or hang out with friends like normal people do. I can't just be ordinary because I have an Arch Angel for a mentor who is always breathing down my neck, and a family of angelic Guides and Protectors who scrutinize every little thing I do. Just for a day I want a life where I'm no longer some anomaly, where I don't have to feel like a lab rat. 

And then I met Emrys. Okay, so my mentor and family hate him, but probably for good reason. After-all, he is a Soul Trader, and they aren't the most trust worthy beings. But, he is sooo hot with his green eyes, leather jacket and the sexiest tattoo you've ever seen running down his back. And-he doesn't treat me like a project.

I've got myself in quite a little quandary here. Choosing between my responsibilities and the Trader that holds my heart is something I didn't sign up for. Torn between two different worlds, I must now decide who to trust and who to walk away from. What's a girl to do? See what I mean? I am an anomaly. I am Jordyn.  
BUY THE BOOK: Amazon (FREE) | Kobo (FREE)
USA Today Bestselling author Tiffany King is a lifelong reading fanatic who is now living her dream as a writer, weaving Young Adult and New Adult romance tales for others to enjoy. She has a loving husband and two wonderful kids. (Five, if you count her three spoiled cats). Her addictions include: Her iphone and ipad, chocolate, Diet Coke, chocolate, Harry Potter, chocolate, zombies and her favorite TV shows. Want to know what they are? Just ask. 

Connect with Tiffany: Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Webpage

*Copy received from author*

How did I get to start reading Jordyn? Well, I was actually stalking Tiffany King’s Amazon profile (yuuuh, sorry, I’m very stalkerish) because I was so hooked with No Attachments then saw the book. I browsed it and read the synopsis and decided to give it a try. Also, I was invited to this Release Day Event of Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom (book 2) and it so happened that I mentioned it on twitter that I was going to read Jordyn (book 1). Soon after that, Tiffany tweeted me to check my email, so I did. To my surprise, she gifted me the first book and here I am now blogging about how it was for me.

Well, you know what? Jordyn can kick some nice, fine, daemon ass. She’s stubborn, hard-headed, and can totally kick ass! Okay, I already said that part. Buy judging Jordyn, she does what she wants, acts like she can do anything she can. And that kiss with Emrys. OHMYFREAKINGGOSH! I just swooned there. Well, actually before I get to sleep. Plus it’s freaking me out. And double the fun because I am also reading another book that plasters a smile on my face.

Okay, those were only some parts that I liked. I must be honest, though. I read the book for a really long time frame. I don’t know why or how that happened. Well, yeah, school happened but even if school didn’t happen, I was moving at a very slow pace. A scene took up so much time. Mostly the travelling thing Jordyn and Emrys do, the trainings with Haniel, Jordyn’s stubbornness, etc. When I do a flashback/throwback of the story, I’m always “Wow, that’s short! Why am I staying up and reading for a long period of time? Sheesh!”

Since, also, it’s very YA and I love YA, I was expecting more of the ass-kicking. I don’t know, even short scenes! And if that scene includes fighting, ass-kick, dying, gun shots, murders, or whatever, I’d eat it. Now you got my attention. I’m all eyes and ears. So when I got on the first pages of the book, I uncontrollably devoured every word I read. I feel very morbid now. >:D

I just said the part about my, uh, favorite scene. Let’s move on to my next favorite part and subject. Chemistry. So, chemistry. I found Emrys and Jordyn’s love, uh, a little lustrous. I don’t know but I sort of felt throughout the book (excluding the last part where they confronted everyone) that Emrys just want in her pants. I swooned over him a little but it’s not the way that I usually swooned over guys like Nathan Lockton (No Attachments). Sorry, I can’t help but just really compare the two. Hehehe. But seriously, I really didn’t felt them much.

Family Interruption. Well, don’t you just hate ‘em? I laughed my ass off whenever Krista or Mark or whoever in their family interferes with Jordyn doing this and doing that. I just love the distraction. I feel so weird. They just have this so much overprotection over Jordyn that I just wanted happening in real life. I know it’s annoying and suffocating because they’re treating her like a prisoner, but that just proves their concern for her and I understand that part. That’s why I love it. Especially, when they did the lets-meet-this-guy-formally dinner. When I’ve absolutely been there, I can’t help but stifle a laugh. Yeah, very traditional.

So, after everything, the dinner, the date, they seem to accept Emrys except for Haniel who seems to loom over wherever the two go. First, I thought he has a thing for Jordyn but I was wrong about that. Second, he keeps a lot of secrets and it’s so not safe. I also don’t know if he is the type of person to trust but you know, he’s on the good side. Sure, he did the trainings with Jordyn but at least he could’ve told her little by little of what she is, who she really is, and what she is capable of doing. Screw The Light, she deserves to know these things about her. It’s her abilities anyway.

The whole book was an awesome ride and start yet, I can’t help myself, let alone think that there’s more to expect. It’s just the beginning anyway so I’m really keeping my hopes up for some more daemon ass-kicking scenes. The book itself is magnificent in its own way, even the cover (lovely!) but I suggest to improve the chemistry more so it would somehow not feel a bit forced but real. But the idea, the concept, it has its own unique ways of presenting. Tiffany honed Jordyn beautifully and I am looking forward to reading Jordyn and the Caverns of Gloom. 
I liked the story but I know you can do better! (:


Labels: , , ,