{Review} No Attachments by Tiffany King



No Attachments
by Tiffany King

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Source: Own Copy



** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations, language and mature subject matter **

Ashton Garrison walked away from a privileged life in order to hide from the one thing she's not willing to face. She knows she left behind a trail of pain, but in the long run, her betrayal will hurt less than the truth. She now has one goal: Live life to the fullest with no regrets and no attachments. She has high hopes that a move to new surroundings will provide the escape she desires, but what Ashton doesn't count on is how fate always seems to find a way to screw up any good plan. Sometimes, when love comes knocking, the pull is too strong not to answer. Suddenly, what she thought she wanted to escape from is what Ashton now wants more than anything.

Nathan Lockton has one mission: find his target and complete the task he was hired to do—no attachments and no emotion necessary. He's done it over and over again. What he thought was a typical lost-and-found job has turned into a life examining moment as Nathan is forced to deal with something he has always ignored--his feelings. Now faced with a decision, Nathan must choose to either follow his heart or complete the job.

Love can come when you least expect it. The question is: If the odds are stacked against you, how far are you willing to go for the one you love?

Buy the book: Amazon | Barnes & Nobles | The Book Depository
"Books provide the ultimate getaway for me. A good story is a vehicle that takes you to another place, another time, or another world. I love reading the words and letting my imagination do the rest. I appreciate and respect every author who has the courage to put your work out there for the world to see."

USA Today Best Selling author, Tiffany King is the author of the Young Adult titles: The Saving Angels SeriesWishing for Someday SoonForever ChangedUnlikely AlliesMiss Me Not, and Jordyn: A Daemon Hunter Novel book one. She also has a New Adult title called No Attachments

Writer by day and book fanatic the rest of the time, she is now pursuing her life-long dream of weaving tales for others to enjoy. She has a loving husband and two wonderful kids. (Five, if you count her three spoiled cats). Her addictions include: Her iphone and ipad, chocolate, Diet Coke, chocolate, Harry Potter, chocolate, and her favorite TV shows. Want to know what they are? Just ask. 

Connect with Tiffany: Twitter | Blog | Facebook | Pinterest | Gooodreads

 ****Note: I can't promise you a spoil-free review, so, if you haven't read this one yet, stop right here.****

"Sometimes life has a way of preventing you from doing the things you want to do the most." - Tiffany King, No Attachments


It has been a while since I last cried over a book and that was way back during the reign of John Green's The Fault in Our Stars. I cried like it endlessly and blabbering about it for a month.I terribly looked like chicken shit. *dabs Kleenex over tears*


Sooo, Cancer. Why does it always have to be cancer that makes me cry? It just fricking hurts me so much until now, that I have drafted this review for days. *Sorry Ms. Tiff! I terribly love you. Like I said, this is a mumbo jumbo* 

While I'm writing this review, I am still speechless but as you can see, I blabber words that doesn't even has any connection with the book. Okay, I was a bit attached with the book. I tweeted over and over with friends asking them to read the book and I just became so obsessed about it, I wanted to hear what they can say about the story.


So, while everyone else were enjoying the release of books somewhere over the internet, I decided to read this book which attracted me really because of the cover. If we analyze it closely, we'll easily notice the lovely colors. See how lively the colors are? Very attractive, right? Okay. A friend of mine told me it was already the second cover and she liked the first cover more because I don't know why. When she showed me the post card that she won from the author's flash giveaway, I sort of understood why.

                   
Here are the two covers

We can already feel the lovey-dovey between the two. Yes, I love both covers but the first cover showed a more emotional and sad  feelings that send tingles to my skin. It's like a hazy dream of being together again and happy memories, like no problems at all. I felt the soft tenderly love between the two, not only pleasure. LOL. On the other hand, the second cover shows off of a more lively colors. The girl and the guy expresses longing and playfulness, according to their positions, which I don't find very unrelated since it all started with that. The background didn't seem to be that far off from the story, since they were reunited on a park...err beach, so the water was good. ((;

"Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and either you duck to avoid it, or you swing at it with all your might." - Tiffany King, No Attachments


Anyway, over to my review. The real one and not the fuzzy-shmuzzy words I blabber most of the time. 

I can't lie but when I finished the book, like past 2am, I turned on our WiFi and tweeted Ms. Tiff. I told her all of the emotions I've felt while I was reading the last parts. I couldn't shake off the emotions out of my system. She asked me if I didn't liked the story and I said “No, I didn't like it. I love it!!!”. I didn't even know how will I pour my heart out through this review. It's like I have all this words inside my head but I couldn't get it out. 

It was a very light read at first, carefree, and I kept on wondering  why Ash ran away from home. I didn't even knew what Nathan was doing there or what his work really is. To say it the easy way, I was a nonchalant, innocent girl who just kept on reading and reading until the story unveils the answers to my questions. 




Now, to the crying part..

I was mesmerized by Miss Tiffany's writing skills or should I say, how she let the readers feel the emotions contained within her book. I rarely cried over books, plus they always leave me breathless. The plot was something I wasn't expecting. Especially when the part where I thought—well, my mind really gave me the idea—that Ash was ready to go [go like go to heaven kind of go]. That would just really hurt, right? Having to mention/think of her death just fill my eyes with unshed tears.

Then, there's the surprised-wide-eyed expression Ash gave Nathan while she's about to go home. That specific part really tore me to little shattered pieces. Nathan concluded Ash decided to give up on their love affair, that everything that happened between them was nothing. All I can think to do was "to not lose hope".

The Happy-Sad Part...
As much as I am concerned, and to be really honest, I wasn't satisfied with the ending but I did love the entire story, truly. I was expecting for a marriage pushing through, and them planning for a family. I can almost picture the idea of them with a baby in hand. Like the chubby-pinkish-cheeks of a baby boy. A baby boy—alright, and girl *pfffftss*! Not Wilma and Fred. Mehehehehe. But truly I love those cats, they remind of of our own (and he used to sleep on refrigerator tops, hihihi).

Plus the fact that Miss Tiff really left me hanging. I turned the pages and there was no more (but I really did knew it was the epilogue). Yey!
"Every song has a place and time, and it just depends on the significance they have on your life at the time." - Tiffany King, No Attachments

You know what? Now I'm waiting for the next installment of the Woodfalls Girls Series! Yey! *awkward dances* UH-HUH UH-HUH UH-HUH UH-HUH *stops*


**Note: I did warn you about not giving a spoil-free review.**



Labels: , , , , , , , , ,