{Review} The Rocker That Savors Me by Terri Anne Browning


Title: The Rocker That Savors Me
Series: The Rocker Book 2
Author: Terri Anne Browning
Date Published: 28th of April 2013
Publisher: Anna Henson
Genre: New Adult Romance/Erotic Contemporary
Pages: 227 pages
Source: Kindle Copy/Purchased
NOOK | Amazon Kindle


Layla……has had a hard life. On her own at a young age, always having to do what needed to be done just to survive. Now she has two other people depending on her and she needs a job fast before they get evicted. A job interview introduces her to Jesse Thornton, the delicious drummer for Demon’s Wings. He reminds her of all the mistakes of her past, but is also her hope for the future.
Jesse…
…has never let anyone in. The only real family he has ever had are his band brothers and Emmie—the only women he has ever loved. But then Layla comes into his life and he would do just about anything to get one taste. Can he move past his own insecurities and allow this woman into his heart?

Okay, I was having a really hard time focusing one of these days and I added this to my currently-reading shelf for I-don't-know-when. Turns out I have to erase it on that shelf and a few days after I added it again. When was that? That's the time when Vin Diesel was actually here in the Philippines for the red carpet premier of The Fast and The Furious 6 with the other cast like Michelle Rodriguez.

I was watching the news when I hurried and started reading this.So can you picture what I'm pointing now?
Bald. Muscled. Rockstar features. YES! I was actually picturing Vin Diesel as Jesse Thornton. Anyway, enough of my fangirling attitude.

I don't mean to be real mean but then I have to be. It took me a whole 24-hours to finish this bonkers (I just learned this word from this book. It's pretty awesome!) because of the you-know-you-don't-want-to-stop-reading kind of feeling and I just cant put my iPhone down. I was even reading while charging for all of the Gods sake! It was hot. Really hot.

Now, let's go over with grammars, punctuations, comma splice, and spellings. This was actually a major issue to me. Not new, anyway. I found several errors in this book and it took me a while to forgive it. It was frustrating, yet, satisfying because I was enjoying the book but there's several errors. Some words missed a letter, some I can't understand because it lacks a comma or a period. Some sentences were even senseless and I don't know how it got there. I was really frustrated and I was like proofreading the whole book!

Anyhow, the book is overshadowing Drake's story. I'm just having a really good feeling about it, though, but it's just distracting all of my thoughts concentrating on Layla and Jesse's story that I am more interested in Lana and Drake's. There's also some crossing scenes where it was Emmie talking, considering her part was done.

The shifting of POV was somehow, also confusing. It's very common in here that in one chapter two of the characters share POVs. But to hell with that. I just wanted to hear the story. 

Let's go to my favorite areas.

I got really emotional. All because of Emmie. You know the feeling when there's this whole lot of people but only one give's life to that party? That's Emmie. She's all emotional because of the pregnancy she's having and the past that kept her being her. When Layla threw her the baby shower, I wanted to sob. I just felt everything. I'm a sucker for emotions and I found some of them too much, they're making me crazy as hell knows!

I cuould just blurb everything I feel and make nonsense because everything is a whole crazy feeling of, like, postpartum! You'll laugh, you'll cry, and everything else. You'll never guess what you'll feel. It's really crazy and upbeat.

Once again, Terri Anne Browning captured the hearts of those rockstar-loving readers and will surely be wanting more when the story ends.

PS:
Drake's Story will soon be hitting the shelves! Watch out for another Rockstar Novel! (:

the judgmental stars: 5 friggin' stars.

Missed my Review of the first book?
Read my review of The Rocker That Holds Me (Th Rocker #1)
Click Here!

Yours,

Labels: , , , , , ,