{Review} Insurgent by Veronica Roth Review


Title: Insurgent
Series: Book Two of the Divergent trilogy
Author: Veronica Roth
Date Published: 1st of May 2012
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Genre: Young Adult-Science Fiction
Pages: 525 pages
Source: Finished Copy/Purchased
Amazon | Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble 
NOOK | Books A Million | The Book Depository


One choice can transform you--or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love. Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.
After long weeks of reading, I finally managed to finish reading this book. Since there was a long number of weeks between when I read the two books [Divergent and Insurgent], I have to recall and re-read the remaining parts of Divergent in order to remember what happened, who were dead, who survived, and what are the names again since I always get confused [with the supporting characters].

Since I have started reading this book, I knew and expected that this will be, for sure, once again, action-packed which is my favorite part because it really sends you off-guard with thrills and excitement; heart-shattering, you know what happens here. I opted to prolong the days while reading this. Why? Because it will take fricking months before the last installment will be released. And I want to cherish every single day with it. If I could, I would only read a chapter per day [yeah, like, I'll read it for forty-seven days] but you know how the patience of a girl like me would take. I can read ten chapters on one sitting or even finish the whole book! But I didn't. Okay, enough with the blurb.

In here, Tris Prior fought to relive the Dauntless within her. She's still the stubborn abnegation girl which they say is selfish. Insurgent, as Fernando once called her. I can't blame her if she feels that way. How on earth can you move on if you've killed your friend in order for you to save yourself? She's still the stubborn and reckless heroine that Tobias loves. I just can't help but be emotional whenever she risks herself to save the other Dauntless, even the other factions, from the simulation. I can't help myself but be emotional when I can almost feel she's going to leave Tobias behind. I can't helps self to feel pity whenever Tobias ignores Tris. There's just so many emotions that you'll have to feel before finishing the book. And at the end you almost died just by reading.

My heart just got broken really, save that from the words Tris said before the book ends:
“I think that you are the liar!” I say, my voice quaking. “You tell me you love me, you trust me, you think I’m more perceptive than the average person. And the first second that belief in my perceptiveness, that trust, that love is put to the test, it all falls apart.” I am crying now, but I am not ashamed of the tears shining on my cheeks or the thickness of my voice. “So you must have lied when you told me all those things … you must have, because I can’t believe your love is really that feeble.”

OH GOD! Just the feels and emotions almost tore me apart like fcuk! But I'm not yet done! Here's another one:
“I am still the person who would have died rather than kill you,” I say, remembering the attack simulation and the feel of his heartbeat under my hand. “I am exactly who you think I am. And right now, I’m telling you that I know … I know this information will change everything. Everything we have done, and everything we are about to do.”

So, I'll make no more words to let you imagine the feelings one will really feel. I'll just mention a few: exciting, impalpable, reckless, heart-shattering, surprising, impeccable, action-packed

And if you haven't read this one yet, please read it. If you haven't read Divergent yet, please do so. This is a highly recommended book you'll surely love.

the judgmental stars: 5 friggin stars!!!

Yours,


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,